Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Phantom of the Opera

Today was a nice day out!

Pretty enjoyable, although if it were after my exams I would have enjoyed it several times more. But still, its a nice day out!

Met Na at Yishun and made our way to the Esplanade, since we were early, we had a little snack along the way at the Mini Coffeeshop at the Citylink Mall. After that, we went for a little walk inside the Esplanade Mall before entering the theatre.

Just looking at the theatre from the door was quite exciting for both of us, since we've never been to such a setting before. The horseshoe shaped theatre is a great sight and experience for me. The seats arent all that comfy, I would gladly say a GV seat is much better as compared to a seat in the theatre.






Us in the theatre

The musical started pretty on time and without much introduction. Here I must pay tribute to Zhongwei for telling me part of the storyline back during last sem. Therefore I managed to catch most of what the play was about. Although I do not consider myself a very artistic person nor am I someone who really appreciates the fine arts and musicals, this experience was simply sensational.

The singing, dancing, music, acting were gorgeous beyond words. A beautiful concoction and it has seriously helped developed my interest in musicals.

Our favourite scene was the part at the lake where the Phantom and Christine are on a boat.

During the interval, we went to the foyer to buy some souvenirs, I got a program guide while Na got a brooch.



Tickets, brooch, brochure, program guide.

After the end of the show, we left and got someone to help us take a picture at the poster outside the theatre. (I think I look abit cock.)

Poster outside the theatre

So after the whole thing we went to buy Na's pants and meet her Miss B to get her textbook. Following that, we decided to check the donut shop out and to our horror, the queue was about twice as long as the last time we came. =/ We gave it a miss yet again, and went for dinner at Sakae and we had sushi, temaki, chawamushi etc plus the paper steamboat thing which was quite a hit. The soup was clear and light - very appetizing.

Left for Marina Square after that. We didnt do much there besides roaming around and Na getting herself a pretty chain from Diva. After that, we shared a creme brulee espresso chiller at Gloria Jeans. A pretty good recommendation by Na! =)

Went home after that.

Guilty guilty guilty!
Haha, exams on monday and I didnt study today. =/ Nevermind, I'm good and I can overcome the odds. *flex