Saturday, April 14, 2007

Any sweat?

I've always been curious why I perspire much more than normal people.

Now that I've just finished a good run, I suddenly remembered my ever present concern over my excessive perspiration.

So I wiked it. And this is what I've found:

However, anxiety can
exacerbate the situation for many sufferers. A common complaint of patients is
that they get nervous because they sweat, then sweat more because they are
nervous.


Hyperhidrosis can either be generalized or localized to specific parts
of the body.
Hands, feet, axillae, and the
groin area are among the most active regions of perspiration due to the
relatively high concentration of sweat glands; however, any part of the body may
be affected. Primary hyperhidrosis is found to start during adolescence or even
before, and interestingly, seems to be inherited as an
autosomal
dominant genetic trait.


(Retrieved on 14/04/07 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthermia)


Exactly what I am going through. Especially the nervous part.

And the sad thing is, there is no cure for it, just treatment, and often the side effect of treatment is anhidrosis.

Given my rare talent of emitting so much heat when I work out, If I suffer the lack of sweat, I'll probably suffer from hyperthermia. So I guess I have to live with sweating.

Any sweat?

Alot alot of sweat.

At this point in time, I am still radiating heat. Haha.