Saturday, March 24, 2007

Pain

I am closing my eyes, sitting on the bed.
As I slowly let my mind wander, I start to ponder.
What is it I want, what are all these for?
Why do I feel this way, why do I weep to sleep?
Why the undue stress for my desire to ace?

While my mind slips into this wilderness,
I embrace this feeling with the aches on my body.
Shuddering in pain, my mind ceased to think,
Instead it questions my very existence.

No one knows what pain it brings,
Besides the convoy of pain himself.
He who brings pain, feels the pain.
Nothing I say can turn back time,
All I seek is a phoenix's cry.
To give back life to this body of mine.

I've thought I've outgrown it,
I've thought I've casted it aside.
But it still bugs me, day and night.
Clearly I have failed the task,
The mission to bring me back my life.