Saturday, March 31, 2007

Looking back.

Its Pondering Time again, this time with the occasional munching of chips.

I've been looking back at my own past.

On the 29th Oct 1985, I was born. My name was given to me by my Aunt.
Kaiwei - Victorious and Impressive thats what it means.

Being the only child with both parents working, I was always under the care of my Maternal grandparents. Although I didnt take their surname, they still showered me with tons of tender loving care. Being the only grandson for 15 years was kind of a luxury!

I started my kindergarten at the local PAP kindergarten. I was topping my class until I was about Primary 4. After that I slowly went on a decline! Haha. I was also a Model student back in Hong Dao Primary, claiming 2 Model student of the year awards!

Took my PSLE and gotten an aggregate of 241, got into Ang Mo Kio Secondary School.
Wasnt a very sociable person I must say, was afraid of talking to girls up till about Sec 3. (And I've been in a mix school for like 8 years by then. If you dont count kindergarten.) Didnt play sports, cant kick a soccer ball or bounce a basketball for nuts sake. The only thing I was good at was badminton, sadly I've still retained my standard at it. (Its not good, I didnt improve.) I was all along an average student then, being consistently in the 29th-40th position in class.

The climax came during the 1st semester in Sec 2. I was last in class. Never had I occupied that position, I was so down and deflated. Somehow I managed to push myself beyond that, by the end of the year I was 21st in class. I still got to the "worst" sec 3 express class.

I didnt do quite well in Secondary 3 - 4 as well. I had a consistent B3 to A1 grades for most of my subjects, apart from A-maths which is usually an F. I gave up on it, I was absent for it during the O's. Gotten a prelim results of 20, I went to YJ for my 1st 3 months of JC life. Met this bunch of wonderful people that is from my orientation group, Aeneas. And of course not forgetting my wonderful Na! Life in YJ was full of adventure and excitment! I didnt attend school more than 1 month, most of the time I skipped school with 3 other people. Haha. Played pool, played pool and played more pool. =/ That year, my grandfather died from cancer.

After getting back the O's result, I headed to SRJC to carry on the rest of my JC life. Life there was okay, I've got this bunch of wonderful classmates and friends. Somehow by some weird stroke of luck, I became the President of IT Club, although I only joined the Club because my friend pulled me in. Wasnt that good in man management then, but I would still say I didnt do quite badly. Still had the same problem with Maths C, never passed it throughout J1. I promoted to J2 with grades like D,E,F.

Had changes made to our teachers. From 2 HODs, we were given 2 Subject heads. I didnt like Alex Lum, but Kwek was not too bad. Mr Kwek showed alot of patience in teaching the few of us that were CMI in maths. And with the introduction of Statistics, I've managed to pull off an AO pass in the Mid Year Exams. At prelims I've gotten an E for Maths and finally in the A's, I've gotten a B for it. So it was the end of JC.

Ended up in army as a chao recruit. Spent my first 4 months in Foxtrot Coy, Plt4. Didnt really keep in contact with friends I've made then. Was pretty excited that I managed to pass my IPPT at the end of it. Because I didnt pass it since P4. Haha.

Time to go beyond a recruit, I managed to make my way to OCS, a place which changed my life tremendously. A place where camaraderie was at its best. A place where guys, really bond together. Learnt alot from each other and from our instructors. At this place "The Gang" was forged. A really wonderful phase of my life.

Commissioned, went to 6SIR. Had a totally different perspective of life then. I finally saw people of different walks of life. I had to earn their respect and fast. Because my upper studys were gone in 24hours and my PS, Liao is only a week older than me in the Plt. I've changed some lives, and the feeling is great. Although this feeling didnt last long, it still made me a better man. Committed an error and life falls apart. "The Gang" further strengthened. ORDed.

Got a temp job at John Little. Had my first ever working experience. So happy that I can put that in my Resume. Learnt to handle tough customers and see the ugly side of many Singaporean shoppers.

GOT ADDICTED TO World Of Warcraft! Which is not a good thing.

Entered NUS, kind of loss there on the first day, but luckily I saw Zhongwei. Ever since, I've stuck to him like bees to honey for my first semester. My class was a wonderful lot. Friendly and nice. Became 21, time to grow up and worry about my future. Because I worry, I decided to change to Arts (Econs). I believe this is a great change, and it better be...

So now, its time for me to go do some revision for my coming test....

Signing off.

Kai.