Saturday, March 10, 2007

Beach

The sun, the sea, the breeze. (Not forgetting the bikini babes. Opps) What more can you ask for when you go to the beach? Haha.

Went to east coast park today with Na. Its been a really long time since I set foot upon the place. I think the last time I went there was before I taken back my pink IC. So its has been almost a year since I returned to the wonderful place. Much has changed since my last visit, alot of construction going on on the roads and pavilions. Furthermore, there seems to be an influx of people at the beach. When we were going to go up to the breakwater, we saw a lot of tents. This was almost like a BMT fieldcamp with HEAPS of basha apart from the bright colours and the presence of women.

Not forgetting the "promise", we finally went blading. Yep, I lost my "virginity" to blading today. While I was standing up after putting on the blades - My mind was filled with thoughts of regret, fear and embarrassement. I just couldn't stand still without my blades moving away from me. For almost a million times, I was trying to prevent myself from doing a split. Since Na isn't a very good blader herself, she couldn't teach me much. Thus I struggled for quite a while before a middle aged man signalled me over to him. (I guessed he see me blade he almost vomitted blood thats why he decided to spare himself the eye sore. Haha) Using my every ounce of energy, I eventually "rolled" to him. He started telling me my mistakes, and taught me the right way to move on the blades. After about 1.5hrs of practise which includes falling, breaking fall, ramming into the railings, preventing the countless number of splits and alot of encouragement from my coach, I am proud to say that, I can blade to a slight extent! (Meaning, I can move slowly in a straight line without falling too much. ) I didn't get the man's name but found out that he stays in Bedok, and has been coming to ECP everyday after he got out of job while chatting with him. But seriously, if it weren't for him, I wouldn't have progressed so much. But I got a feeling he is a army guy because he asked me to "Hentak kaki" with my blades. =/
But nonetheless, he rocks.

Now I am lobstered.

Its also time now to go do my readings. (7 more to go.)