Friday, April 11, 2008

Chat with grandma.

Was having dinner at my grandma's house just now.

A little background info, I go over to her house for dinner almost every night because my mum doesnt cook.

So after dinner, we were talking as usual and today came an interesting topic.
She was talking about how she used to follow my great grandmother to do this and that. How she was like a little boy, chopping down trees for firewood and plucking durians off the tree by throwing stones at them. And how she catches dragonflies and tie a string at their "tail" to fly them around like "kites".

The most amusing thing I found from the conversation today was that, there was once she accidentally stepped on a ducking that my great grandma reared, and its intestines or stomach or some organs spilled out. Fearful that my great grandma would reprimand her, she stuffed the whatever that spilled out back into the poor ducking and sewed the wound back! And after that she applied some black oil (Orrr You - direct translation from hokkien) on the 'stitched' wound and miraculously the duckling survived. =/

Haha. Such innocence and cuteness.

I love my grandma!