Thursday, April 24, 2008

444

I realised the last post was #444.

Although I'm not very superstitious aka "Pan Tang", I'd decided to add another post! (Just to give me excuse for not studying at this point in time.)

Alright, I went for my eye review at NUH yesterday. And as I'd expected, there is a slight regression of the degree. Since the shape of my cornea has changed, Dr said I have to give sometime for my brain to relearn where to focus through my eye so as to reduce the RMI(or something along that line). Then I recalled that the relearning part was actually mentioned in the Cognition section of Psy. So my 'halo' would not decrease in the near future. And since my cornea is thin I'm unable to do any 'enhancement' to the procedure.

So to prevent myself from crashing while driving at night, I'd decided to make a pair of specs. Better service was rendered by my neighbourhood optometrist than the one at NUH. Maybe because I've known him for quite some time.

So has the PRK procedure I've received from NUH Lasik Centre been a satisfying one? I cannot really say I'm very satisfied. But it definitely feels good not having to rely on my specs for minor minor things. To wake up and see clearly is something that I've not experience for almost 17 years. The day when the trauma of the operation declined, the feeling was rather orgasmic. Maybe I could be facing cognitive dissonance post-op. But still, I think my satisfaction level is >75%.

Alright, back to more differentiation and simultaneous equation solving.