Friday, May 25, 2007

First Day.

Well well, first day at work.

I don't remember mentioning this, but I am working at Popular's Warehouse as a warehouse asst. And I stuck about 1000 price labels on 1000 books by hand. (I'm not exaggerating.) Now, I can proclaim I am the human price tagger!

This job is pretty stress free, zero learning value, but I do get to see some good books that are going to be put on sale at a discount price of $6. Some of these books are still for sale at its original price at Kino, Times, MPH and even some of the Popular retail outlets, so they are fairly new. Although I can't buy the books at the warehouse, I might know when and where they are going to be on sale, so if you all want any books, (that aren't too new) I might be able to tell you all when and where its going to be displayed.

They hired 4 temps, of which 3 are undergrads. Haha. Not exactly a type of job that requires undergrads in my humble opinion. One of them is Na's friend. This just amazes me, I tend to be fated to meet Na's friends who take the same modules as me or temp together with me. Haha The supervisors are nice and such, but I didn't really like the guy-who-wears-shirt-and-pants-and-never-broke-a-drop-of-sweat-guy. Whatever/whoever he is, (Either manager or something.) he's too damn proud and arrogant. He is just an AP.

Although the pay isn't very high, $5.50/hr, they have a company bus that sends us to and fro to AMK Mrt Station. They even have a bus to drive us out during lunch. What amazes me more is that, the lunch destination is different everyday in the week! And its never fixed, so you are in for a surprise everyday!

Well, it can be monotonous and get pretty boring and sweaty but well at least I'm not rotting at home.