Monday, May 07, 2007

Donuts

Wtf, blogger is screwed up lor.

But anyway, this is my re-post.

Brought my mum to the doctor in the morning, and I am glad that all the pain and ailments are just symptoms of stress and lack or rest rather then something cancerous.

Took Sunny to the carwash in preparation of parting with her since my contract for temporary ownership is expiring.

Went to queue for donuts at the donut factory! And I saw buddy, or rather he saw me, again.
I've been wondering, how come its always him who sees me first? Am I that blur? Haha. It was thoughtful of Jack to offer to queue for me so that I could go relieve myself or grab a bite or he could help me buy a drink etc. Thanks buddy. But I think SAF trained us well, in terms of standing. Haha. But it did occur to me that, a field chair could come in handy the next time I join in the activity that Singaporeans love most - queue.

Well, for those who are unaware of the layout of the place, I'll do a rough sketch of it below.





The queue is basically split into 3 sections, namely Q1, Q2, Q3.
W1 and 2 are the walkways for other patrons in Raffles City.

I joined the queue at the end of Q2 which is just outside Crumpler, and it took me almost 2 hours to reach the start of Q2. And I finally got my 18 donuts after a bit more than 2.5hrs.

Do be prepared to wait for an additional 30mins just to get the donuts of your choice.
Na seems delighted to receive them. Haha. Thats all it matters.

They come in boxes of 6 and 12.
You can buy them individually as well.
Do note that 1 person can only buy a maximum of 24.

So, is it worthwhile?

My verdict:
It will have to depend on the individual. Personally I am no donut lover, but the donuts are indeed pretty yummy. Not the conventional donuts, which are a tad too plain looking and slightly too hard.

The "Kou Gan" is definitely there and some are just adorable. Not someone with sweet tooth? They have salty ones as well.

A must try if you ADORE donuts. Else, you can give it a miss.

P.S.
Bring a chair/ person. If you must be alone, for whatever reason, bring a good book.

And, perhaps giving it as a gift could buy you into the good books of that person. It might even win you the heart of the girl you love.

Look out for queue cutters (Be it act blur or simply too blur), because since the queue is split up, some people might not see that there is a queue behind.