Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Interesting Phenomenon.

I've always wonder why this happens.

Whenever a woman pushes a pram into the MRT carriage many eyes will turn and scan the woman, the baby and perhaps her company.

Shortly after, if the baby is adorable, they will smile to themselves or talk amongst themselves while fixing their eyes on the baby.

So here I was observing the carriage I was in today.

When the woman pushing the pram came in with 2 other women. All eyes were moving up and down, scanning the women and the baby.

At least 3/4 of the people at the section of the carriage I was in were looking at the baby and the woman who by my inference is the child's aunt. Observing how she was patting the baby to sleep and smiling to themselves.

I cant help but wonder, what were those people thinking of in their minds then.

And the most amazing thing is that, I saw them on the train as I was heading for my tutee's house. And I saw them again around my neighbourhood when I was on my way home. Haha