Thursday, August 09, 2007

Happy National Day.

Happy 42nd Birthday Singapore!

You are a miracle.
So proud to call myself a Singaporean.


Many things happened recently. Be it internationally, regionally, locally or even within my own life. Thought through quite alot of stuff and was wondering what I am looking for in life. Sometimes it is just so confusing with so many things going on around you.

At this point in time, my main concern is to ultimately get a good honours.
With that it could lead to me fulfilling my dreams in the far future.

There are so many things I want to do, some of them seems so out of reach. But nonetheless, not impossible. Also, so many things that I keep telling myself that I will buy when I get my first official paycheck after graduation. So many that I probably need 5k per month to buy all within the first month. Haha.

Lets see what I want to accomplish/get:
Before graduation
Complete Standard Chartered Half Marathon 2007 at a timing better than my previous AHM.
Represent NUS in some DB competition.
Maintain if not improve my CAP.
Complete my first ever full Marathon by 2008.
Grab an internship at one of the banks in Singapore especially the central bank.
Graduated with a 2nd Class Upper.
Write the honours thesis. - to see if I am cut out for research work.
Pick up roller blading. - At least I want to know how to brake.
Go back to swimming.
Cherish my friends more.
Pick up diving. - I so want to see marine life up close.

After graduation
Going on my first Europe Trip.
Secure a good job.
Buy a DSLR camera. - Fulfil my wish to capture the beautiful images of the world.
Carry on leading a healthy lifestyle.
Buy a car.
Get a Ph.D. - It all depends on my results and whether I have any interest in research at that point in time.
Work in an International Organisation.
Teach at my Alma Mata. - Only if my title is Dr.
Keep contact with my friends. - Something which I am damn lousy at.
Marry the love of my life.

Guess this is enough of what I want to do/ achieve for 1 day.

I think its always good to review what you want in life once in awhile to keep you going on without losing focus.