Monday, August 06, 2007

Gearing up for Ippt.

Yikes. I thought the long distance training recently might have helped me with my 2.4 timing. There was some help alright, but not sufficient. Feels like I have neglected the speed component totally in my recent training. As I was striding, I could feel the calfs aching and aching, that was during the morning and I thought it was because I wasnt warmed up enough. I tried running again in the evening. This time with an additional warm up round prior to my run. The result, a faster timing, but an equally sore calf.

Oh well, its time for some fart lek training to increase my speed.

Somehow it feels more shag to finish 2.4km then to finish 14km.

Think I finally got the technique for SBJ. Just needs more practice and doing some tuck jumps, lunges should do the trick.

Chin up isn't a problem at this point in time, except that I experienced a very smooth bar at YCK Stadium which is pretty frictionless with sweaty palms. Haha.

Alright my new aim in life is to evolve into a fitness freak! Haha. - Not manhunt style, but rather live strong, enjoy sports.