Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day

Ah, Valentine's Day. The day whereby everyone in love wants to spend it with their loved ones but yet also the very day that most single dread.

I am lucky to have someone to spend it with me, but does it really matter? Or rather, does this one day really matter that much?

Does the bouquet of roses on February 14 outweigh the bouquet of roses in terms of "thought" or"love"? All I know is that it outweighs in terms of cash.

Why do we need a valentine's day? Is it everyone is this damn society is just so busy that they need to have a specific day to be romantic to their lover? That 1 day out of 365 to give roses to? I'd like to say, Valentine's day is a sham. Its a business plot to promote consumerism and to inflate prices of candies, plushies, roses, dinners.

Why dedicate that one day to make your loved ones feel special? Make your loved ones feel special everyday.

I would want to be able to make my loved ones feel special everyday, but exceptionally special on this day. But then again, this is never easy.

But thats besides the point. Despite claiming all these to be a sham and etc. I'd like to say I am a willing victim to this plot.