Saturday, February 03, 2007

Days like this.

Sometimes I just feel like dropping everything and just spend a day like this everyday.

After school, I met Na at bugis, since I arrived 45mins before the arranged time, I went walking around, in search of Chong Qing Steam Boat. After which I went snooping around Bugis Junction. Went to the toilet and it immediately reminded of the SAF smoking point, all the cubicles were locked and the smell of cigrattes was overpowering. They should install smoke detectors.

Thats beside the point. We had dinner at the food court and Na finally appeased her craving for stone rice (aka Bi Bib Bab). After snooping around Bugis more, she bought me a bag! Leathery backpack to be exact. After which we headed for starbucks for some coffee. Its nice that since we had a super early dinner, we managed to have cushion seats over at starbucks and the best part was that there is a powerpoint for my laptop. First time I logged on to wireless@SG and it is definately great to have such services provided. =) Sipping my coffee, looking at the people around there, listening to people chatting away, smelling the aroma over at the counter where they are making the coffee while posting on the IVLE forum. That is a chore that didnt seem that much of a chore. We seldom spend more than 1.5hrs at a cafe, and this time round, we'd out done ourselves by spending more than 2 hours there. After which we went over to "Ji De Chi" for dessert. I was brought to the place by Zhichao, still remember that time when Eric, Zhichao, Tingyi, Kuang Sheng, Eng Seng and me went there after steamboating at Chong Qing. Kind of missing them as well. When can I see them again?

After reaching Yishun, while I was about to board 853 at the interchange, I saw Chia Siang Cai. One of platoon 8's man. He's into catering and assisting the "Tou Shou" (Chef) with the cooking. Its heartwarming to see them mature, and much more serious in their take on life now. While chatting on the bus, he said something like "Sor Hui Jin Xiong Diong" (Living expenses is pretty high - in hokkien). Now isnt like the past where he could do odd jobs, vendor pirated vcds, be a runner and earn his keep. Now he must work hard to pay for alot of things. Thinking about myself, I dont have to worry about money, my family is financing my education, after graduation I will find a job which will probably pay more than what he is earning now. Some of us are just having it easier, while some arent so lucky.

In this society which emphasizes on meritocracy, its not easy to survive if you dont have a relatively competitive education level.

PS. Sorry if this post sounds incoherent, but I am having a splitting headache. I dont have the capacity to think through my sentences very thoroughly.