Wednesday, February 07, 2007

This time again...

Its this time of the day again.
I've got so many things to do on hand, but yet I am facing my laptop screen typing furiously away on the keyboard. I just have no drive to push myself forward.

2 tests coming up next week together with 5 tutorials and I am not even 20% prepared. I am so tired, I can sleep for 2 days. Dont know whats making me so tired. Guess I am not as tough as before. Coffee seems so enticing at this point in time, but I would rather not depend on it so much since I already drank coffee for more than 17 years already.

Today Na's mum came over to bring me the new year goodies that I ordered from them. Thanks Aunty( although you will never read this.) After that I went to meet Na and her classmates for lunch at Pizza Hut. Lunch express, we ordered the group set 1 regular pan and another regular stuffed crust. Was quite satisfied with the meal and it did subdue my cravings for pizza.

After my statistics tutorial on tuesday, I stayed back in school for dinner since no one is at home. And I saw Aaron Soh there, so we had our dinner together and did a little bit of catching up. A Chem major with the intention of minoring in physics. Despite us not being close, we managed to talk for almost an hour. I was pretty much impressed with my social skills that day. Probably one of my more sociable days in school.

Jack was saying about going on a backpacking trip during the 3months break after sem 2. I must admit, this is seriously enticing and I've always wanted to go backpacking. But there are certain things holding me back. Dont have to think too much, its just the most essential thing. Money. I haven't been working since my John Little Stint and that time when I was helping out with my Aunt when she was starting out on her business. Doesnt seem very appropriate for me to go on a holiday by digging out my savings. Furthermore, I've kind of planned to work my ass off during the 3 months, to earn some cold hard cash to finance my cravings over the next few months. Since I was prompted about money issue again, I cannot help but think about trying to give tuition. I know I am qualified to teach, but I doubt my ability to do so, I dont want to because of my selfishness, cause those poor students to suffer. We all know what it is like to have a bad tutor. And from my experience, I know that sometimes my explanation isnt all that wonderful, and sometimes its pretty confusing. But some people said this to me, " You wont know if you dont try, who knows, maybe you just need more exposure and practise to teach well?" Maybe I should start flipping classfieds/logging on to jobsdb again. It might even be a warmup for being an A'level Economics teacher. haha

But for now, prepare for tests and tutorials.