Friday, January 19, 2007

What lies ahead?

With prior promises to myself that I will move on and not drag on the past, I could not help but wonder what lies ahead for me.

When I decided to choose engineering over economics in the past, it was for the obvious. The better job prospects was what that enticed me to accept that offer. Not just that, family influence was also a major factor leading to the decision. What I neglected was the fact that my mathematical foundation was definately not up to mark, in fact I was lucky to even get a B for my A Levels. As I struggled to catch up with the curriculum back in semester one, I regretted making the choice of choosing engineering over economics. Therefore I made up my mind to transfer to Arts Majoring in Economics. This time round, I will NOT settle for being a mediocre student. Being Average is NOT an option.

I've drafted out many plans, ranging from what modules/electives to take, which minor to take, savings plans, to workout plans and more. But as the saying goes, the first casualty in a battle is always the plan. Despite the saying, I still decided to follow my plan as a guide line.

Frankly speaking, I am a person who really cares more about my future career as compared to whether I like the course. I wont say I am money minded but I think I am more of a down to earth person. What I desire is merely a family of my own, a decent career and leading a relatively comfortable life with my loved ones, most importantly to make sure my loved ones dont suffer.

As I searched through classifieds after classifieds, career options from the banks, Economic Development Board and even the Monetary Authority of Singapore. The future seems so interesting, colourful and yet bleak. I just wonder if I am ever going to be good enough to be employed with the top economic bodies.


Decisions had been made,
Paths had been chosen.
Journeys have to be walked,
Obstacles will be cleared.

If you want something badly,
You got to do it YOURSELF.
Why settle for second best,
When you can be the first?