Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My first attempt at tutorial marathon.

Well, good news. I survived 7hrs of tutorials today.

2hours of Nation building,
1hour of Philosophy
1hour lunch break
2hours Sociology
2hours Economics

Nothing really spectacular happened during tutorial actually, just the normal tutorials it seemed.

But I realised 1 thing, I tend to stammer when I do self-introduction, but of course after a few attempts today, it got better towards the end.

Really doubt my choices of modules this semester, Philo and Soci seems too hard to fathom. I feel so intimidated when I was at the tutorial classes. When it comes to discussions and presenting our viewpoints, I really had "POINTS" while the rest could almost come out with speeches. Not just that, I feel stupid. But looking on the bright side, my understanding for both modules improved trememdously.

The only thing I had more confidence were perhaps Nation building and economics, especially the latter.

While I was on the way home I saw Jack on the bus and we commuted together on the train or until he alighted at admiraty for tuition while I headed to Yio Chu Kang.

But Something interesting happened today.

While I was having my lunch at the temp canteen by LT11, a decently dressed and not bad looking girl came up to me and asked, "Hi, I'm really hungry. Can I have some of your food?" I wasnt quite expecting that question since its more likely for people to ask if that seat was taken. But shaking off the astonishment, I replied, "Yeah sure, if you want some." Then, she seemed rather taken aback and replied, "Heh, No I am just doing an experiment." Seriously, I was thinking to myself, if it were someone else asking me that question, would my answer be the same? But then again, that reply I gave isnt the best answer I suppose,

I could have said:

A) HELL No, get lost you freak.
B)Yeah sure, if you want some.
C)Errrr, you sure you want to eat my saliva? I got germs leh...
D)Why not let me buy you lunch instead?

But it just occurred to me if that person who asked was a man, or rather a very much less than decent looking girl or a kid, or an elderly. Would my answer be different? I know for sure I would choose B or D when it comes to kids or an elderly. But a grown up man/ a not so good looking girl..... I am clueless. Perhaps time will tell.

What would you have said/done?