Sunday, January 14, 2007

A bus ride home on a rainy sunday night.

After a sumptuous dinner with my family at the chinese restaurant in YCK GRC, I sent Na back to Yishun. After that, I boarded a bus from Yishun interchange and was seated infront of 2 girls who are waiting for their O level results.

Not that I was eavesdropping on them, but they were talking like nobody's business. A part of their conversation caught my attention. They were talking about going to the Zoo, and school excursions.

It just reminded me on how much I loved going on excursions back in the primary and secondary school days. I was always so excited that I was going on an excursion, be it to the Zoo, Science centre, Discovery centre, Haw Par Villa or even sentosa. The night before I would specially pack something extra such as tidbits, candies so that I could share with my friends on the way there, sometimes I would even pack in a handheld electric fan and a cap. We will always not fail to grab a bite at the fast food chain at those places as well. Sometimes I wished I'd never grow up, always living in the past as a child. Or I'd wish that nothing has ever changed, if only life was as simple as what it was when i was a teenager.

Sadly it isnt. Life goes on, time waits for no man. Regardless on how you want to remain back in the past, the world still revolves with or without you.

Its time to move on.