Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A recap of the previous year.

Ah, yes finally managed to convince myself to do some blogging about the major events in 2006.

Looking back, it was indeed a very exciting and heart aching year for me.

Losing Grip

Still grieving over the wonderful birthday present SAF gave me on 28th Oct 2005. Since then moved to HQ Company and became an assessor, coordinators in countless POI exercises and Outfield Exercises in ROC. And ending it with a bang after assessing Echo and Foxtrot's final company deployment exercise as they became operational. Not a date I would love to remember, but I think it should be 21st jan 2006. Few days prior to my 1 year anniversary with the shoulder pad putting on evening. As much as I wanted it to last longer, I cant. Not much stories to tell my childrens, grandchildrens apart from there is no free lunch in this world. On the 21st, I was told by Daryl Hoo that the news came into effect from 8th jan 2006. So up till now I am still wondering, they didnt let me know then because I was involved in their ex, and they needed me? I am sure in such a small and advance, letters take at most 2 days to reach a location within the country and email arrives in like seconds after u press send. It just made it worse by keeping the news, no integrity doesnt mean no professionalism. After being part of a major event in the battalion, you get this shit that you are being used. That day ended slowly, after the news, I went to Bravo smoking point and lighted a cig with my comrades of TD. Not that I really enjoy smoking, in fact I hated smokers. The only reason I even put a stick in my mouth is to make myself more approchable by my men. Which worked wonders actually. Of course, offering them is a + point. That day, was different. I never felt so alone despite having at least 5 people at the smoking point. I havent suffered such a terrible fall in my life until then. Never before have I lost something so dear to me which I took for granted all along.

The rest of my life in unit werent even worth mentioning.

Had 4 wisdom teeth extracted paid for by the SAF.

ORD.

At last, I was out of the place where memories of pain and agony will always stay embeded deep in my mind. As much as I wanted out, memories of joy, friendship and enjoyment too surfaced once in awhile of the place where I call my second home. A place that once housed those of my comrades in arms, brothers, and as what my buddy said, those who will always be labeled as "Army Friends". Friends that I will never forget.

Holiday.

Chiang Mai trip with my family was not bad, visited the Thai Massage School of Chiang Mai where my aunt earned her diploma in Thai Massage which she now teaches in Singapore. It was a good move to loosen up after so much things happening to me.

John Little

Right after I ORDed, I managed to find a job at John Little working as a Temp sales associate. My first official job which was quite a good experience. It made me see the ugly side of many singaporeans. And made me much more polite when I deal with sales person when I go out shopping now. However ugly my countrymen are, there are still some of them that never cease to make me smile and make me enjoy my job and do my work dutifully and professionally without complains.

WoW

Yes World of Warcraft, a crazily fun game that is maddening addictive. Once you raid, you cant stop! After spending hours raiding Molten Core, Zul Grubb, Black Wing Lair, AQ 20/40 with Rathor my druid and getting 7/8 pieces of Tier 2 and 6/8 of Tier 1. Leveled a rogue alternate to Level 60 to farm for my expenses for raiding, I decided to hang up the gloves. Too much time spent on WoW, too little time spent on every other thing. Despite the friends made in the game, I do find having to rush to a 5pm SG time raid to join the Australians in my guild is not worth it, since I dont really get prior spots unless I happen to be online. WoWing has too much at stakes, my results in school, relations with my family and friends, and most importantly relations with my mouse. WoW has created a tension that is quite serious.

License

Yep, I finally got the driving license I always wanted. Now for the hard part, the car.

NUS

No doubts, this is certainly one of the best things that happened to me. Knowing that my application into one of the finest education institutes in Singapore is approved, I am proud and happy. Although I was struggling throughout the whole semester, my results werent too shabby much to my amazement. B+, B, B-, B-, C+. And the success of my application for a course transfer to FASS is another good news.

21st Birthdays

Lots of birthdays attended and celebrated.
Celebrated mine as well, the gang celebrated with me as well. Not to mention the present my family doctor gave me! Amoxcillin Capsule in a bag with the label printing the date : 29/10/2006.

Mouse

Of course, my dear Sheena, yet another new nickname for the year after evolving from deerdeer to piggo to piggysaur, piggosaurus, snuppy, snup, mouse. Many thanks to you for standing by me all along regardless of what was happening. All the best in your school work, continue to strive for the top, believe in yourself because I believe in you. I definately hope that you prove those meanies wrong and throw the shit back at their own faces. Love you!

These are mainly the more important things which happened to me along the way in the year 2006. I definately hope for a much better 2007 and no doubts about me doing my best in everything I can.

I can make it happen, I made too many things happen already, I can still do it.