Monday, June 09, 2008

500th post.

I just wanted to blog la.

Seriously, I'm starting to be a bit confused over what is going on with life. In particularly, academic and career. Yes, I love Economics. (To a certain extent.) But, it may not be what I really want after all. But I will still pursue it to the end, with the best of my abilities.

Okay, I recalled hearing this from the radio when one listener called up to talk to the DJ. In her opinion, colleagues will always be colleagues and may never cross the line to become friends.

Is it really this way? I don't really agree with this listener, but I know she has her points. And I can understand why she put it that way. But I just feel that if 2 individuals are truly genuine to each other, they can not just cross the line, but eventually become really close friends.

This is the tricky part, it is difficult to find truly genuine people in the work place nowadays. People are often rather defensive and protective of themselves. They hardly reveal their true selves to others. And some are often on the look out for opportunities to stab others in their back and step on their corpses to propel themselves higher.

No matter how subtle it is, it can be noticed. I see it alot, maybe because I'm looking on, with a 3rd person perspective.

Last week has been rather hectic, the meet ups and events. Finally a little bit of breathing space.
I'm glad Jo is liking her job so far. Really happy for her. =)

My work so far has been rather relaxing, which is a good thing. I'm looking forward to it for all the wrong reasons. Haha.