Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Math

Math - You love it, you love to hate it.

Ever wondered why we had to learn Algebra?
Why must we have Xs and Ys instead of the actual thing or numbers??

Something that I actually asked myself when I was still little. Now that I'm doing economics (a bit ironic, because the math arent that chim.), I realised that many things in life can actually be simplified to an equation. Something that I never learnt when I did math though.

Now Xs and Ys are my good friends. But will everything be simply reduced to variables in my life? Hope not.

OMG. What is this dy/dx thing?
Yeap. Calculus = Differientation + Integration.

Why did we have to learn it?

Why on earth would I want to know why when
y= 2x+ 999
dy/dx = 2

This is even more useful. Rate of change. Marginal. Maximisation, Minimisation.

Enough said I guess.


If only my Little Ben would read my blog, Pls pay attention more when I teach you math, you cannot dislike math.......... especially if you want to be a rocket scientist.