Saturday, December 09, 2006

Driving Adventure.

I went on a driving adventure today. Haha.
My aunt went overseas with my mum and grandma. So she left her car to my uncle who drove to work. He said I could use the car over the wkend if I needed it as the couple only needed 1 car over the wkend. I took it of course, not knowing where I might want to go.

After taking the car from him at Orchid Park, I drove to pick Na up. And well, since I didnt have a REAL-LIFE experience parking without the assistance of poles, I tried parking at Na's carpark. It was horrible, all my reverse parking were like taking up 2 lots.

Then I gave up, and waited for Na to be done before we headed off to Thomsom Plaza. Since my knowledge of the Singapore Rd System is damn bad, we decided to go there as I knew that area quite well furthermore, we were looking for a shop that sell Abercombie and Fitch apparels.
When I reached the carpark, I was horrified. There were so many cars, when i managed to find a lot, I actually parked quite well. So lesson learnt, always park beside another car because you can always use the car as a marker.

So after that, we couldnt decide where to go as I was paranoid that I would get lost in Singapore. So, Na suggested Novena as it was a 'straight' road down from thomsom plaza. So I followed her straight road and I ended up going towards Bukit Timah, then I thought, ok never mind take this chance to drive to NUS, then I missed the turn to Bukit Timah and I went towards Farrer Rd. So we yet again decided to go to Ikea since with a car we could buy things there and bring it back easily.

After having dinner at Ikea, we wanted to go back, but i turn and turn and we ended up going to Pasir Panjang, so I did another of my already alot U-turns, and we went towards Vivo-city, and I still havent been inside the place =/. Nvm that, I found out that exiting throught keppel rd, I can go to town. Finally after some struggle I found CTE!! Then we headed to AMK to her fav tomato shop to buy toiletries. And headed home.

I made more U-turns today then the total U-turns I made when I was a learner! And I finally know how to park without a pole, just by using the side mirrors! And driving around Singapore without knowing how to go to the places is petrol consuming. Initially I wanted to drive around Thomsom, Yishun, Sembawang and AMK. Plan was to stay clear of town. But in the end, I still drove around town and even ended up all over the place. But it was fun to be driving around without anyone nagging. Haha