Monday, August 25, 2008

Run, Cramps, Queue, Semi fine dining, wine, cake, coffee

Went for AHM today. Took a cab down. Felt quite cheated as I thought I remembered there is supposed to be shuttle bus from all stadiums when I registered. Or was it only for std chartered.

Spending about $19 to go to Padang to put bag and wait for a race isn't very smart and rational.
Padang was damn muddy, before the start, my shoes were already half covered with mud.

As with other races, the start is always the most irritating portion of the race. A rather long walk before we managed to start running. As per my previous half marathon, I cramped at about the 15km mark. I'm really starting to wonder what is wrong. The cramp isn't a normal cramp, its like my muscles cease to function and they will just harden and be so stiff that I cannot move them. A rather torturous 6km of limping and super slow jog.

Queued for the nike race pack, took us 1.5hrs. Some queued for about 3 to 4 hours.

Went Modesto with the gang. Had something different from the previous time. Luke sponsored the wine! Thanks dude. And I got damn red. I dunno why. Haha. After that, we went to Earle's Swensens for an Icecream cake and some coffee.

TIme to sleep! My eyes are closing as I am typing this.