Sunday, February 03, 2008

Vrooooom Vroooom

Not that I want to complain, but at the rate the transportation system is developing here, I probably won't buy a car. And personally I hate public transport even though at times, it is alot faster than driving (when there is a jam/peanut butter). Besides, public transportation aint all that reliable.

A Nissan Sunny would probably cost 100k by the time I graduate after factoring in inflation and COE rise - which is an attempt to reduce car growth. Owning a car is probably one of the most important material wants that I desire. A home would fall under the most important need, besides food/water. But of course, I've always wanted to purchase private property.

From the current outlook of the economy, if the HDB bubble don't burst, a condo would easily cost 1.5M.

So my views of Singapore 10yrs from now.
-High cost of living. (much higher than it is now.)
-Hike in old age dependency.
-Influx of people (since govt's aim is to have a population of 6M)
-A overly crowded orchard road. (As if it is not crowded enough.)
-A max speed of 50km/hr on the highway. (because there are simply too many vehicles.)
-Private ownership of helicopters becoming normal. (because roads too pack liao, no choice must fly)
-ERP every 5metres, so that people keep off the roads.
-I will still get pushed out of the MRT and only get to board after 2 or 3 trains come.

So my conclusion:
Emigrate to somewhere with more space!

Although I have thoughts of going elsewhere once in a while, I still love Singapore. Its my home. But the way it is changing, doesn't seem to make it as homely anymore.

Patriot no more?