Saturday, July 07, 2007

seven seven seven

Today is a very special day. A day that can only occur once every century - 070707.

I attended Rachel's wedding lunch at Riverview Hotel in the afternoon.
Rachel was Na's Accounts Manager back at Legend, but as of now she has resigned and is happily married! She changed alot since the last time I saw her, definitely slimmer and perhaps prettier? But most women do look prettier than usual on their wedding day.

The food and service there weren't that fantastic in my opinion. Perhaps its due to the special day, the standards dropped? Or high demand for fresh ingredients that led to a hike in price and Hotels, restaurants alike hiking prices to make a windfall from these newlyweds? I don't know, I don't normally have a "golden mouth", but this time I am quite disappointed at the quality when the cost isn't cheap at all.

But nonetheless, I wish you all the best in your marriage, Rachel and Mandrick. Have a blissful one. =)

After that, we got a lift from Legend's director, Randy to Cityhall. From there, we made our way to the NDP rehearsal since Na managed to get tickets from her friend, Yan. The place is quite nice, apart from being smaller than Kallang. And instead of the Kallang wave, we were doing the Marina wave! Since this year is commemorating NS40, there was a vast display of the different services on the stage. Truly spectacular I'd say. Even though today's Parade wasn't on the actual day, most of the effects were already quite facinating, especially the fireworks. I was awed by today's fireworks, I cannot imagine how WOWderful the one on the actual day would be.

Really wish to be able to attend a NDP on National day itself. I would really enjoy the atmosphere, sitting by Singaporeans of different background, celebrating our Nation's Birthday. Singing, laughing, cheering. Wow.

And as usual, listening to National day songs always make me tear.

Happy Day. Thanks dear. Love you. =)