Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Havent blogged in awhile

Lets talk about last week, on Monday night, Fern and Joyce had planned a surprise belated birthday celebration for Na, and of course I tagged along for the added suprise.



We had dinner at Fish and Co in Wheelock.



Some of the pics



Puffer Fish Family


Me, Na, Joyce & Fern(L - R)

Nothing much for the week apart for Thursday night's stay over at Ed's. Luke was driving us around in his black knight for dinner and supper before heading over to Ed's place for some PS3 and sending Zhongwei off at the airport after having Bk's breakfast. Haven't had such a stay over in ages and I was really tired. I was thinking if this is a sign of aging.

Saturday was East side day. We went to Changi Airport for a walk, followed by going to Kallang wanting to see fireworks. But we lingered around Geylang for quite sometime after 10pm which was supposed to be the time for the fireworks to be launched as according to what I recall.

Disappointed, we left the vicinity and as we arrived on the platform of Kallang MRT Station, we saw the fireworks!! So, it made our day still.

Sunday, was a laze at home day. Both of us busy with our own stuff, went for a 5k run in the evening. Decided to try doing some chinups to see if my gym sessions were effective. I was quite impressed with myself for still being able to do 9 chin ups after 5km. Not considering army days, but since ORD, I couldnt even muster a 10 consistently when I was still fresh, let alone after completing a 5km run. Slowly I am regaining my fitness. Just that, my 2.4 is still pretty slow. It seems I might have to do some interval training.

Anyway, a question to the gang.
Should I focus on muscle toning or muscle building? Aka, Cardio or Strength training?

Any preferred regimes? Currently I have been whacking Strength training. Does cardio training with weights get rids of the excess flabs while toning the muscle or is running to burn fats the only way?