Sunday, December 02, 2007

Run run run!

Just completed the Standard Chartered Half Marathon this morning. Quite a disappointing run la. It was quite alright from the first cm to the 16th km, then I cramped. =/ Severe cramp that left me rooted to the spot for several minutes. I couldn't move an inch. I felt the cramp coming after passing the 14km mark, so I did some stretching and walked a bit, was hoping to find some deepheat along the way. Then ALL the medical stations and personnels ran out of deep heat. =/ So I was limping from 16 to abt 19km enduring the pain. I suspect the usual lack of salt, since my arms were full of salt by that time. My shorts had streaks of salt marks too. (I think I can be a desalination plant.) Another suspicion I had is that my calves and thighs are not strong enough. So its operation training on my core muscle group once I recover from the lingering cramp.

Brend and I started the race abt 20mins late because we were queueing for toilet before the start line. Haha. Then we went on a chasing the main bulk mission. Eventually we separated haha. Saw this girl wearing a wedding gown (Ok, maybe just a veil and a white halter dress) running. Quite cool. Another man was pulling a tire along the way. Respect.

When I finally overcame the cramp, it was nearing the end point. Haha. And so qiao, I saw small mouse when we were turning in! Hee. It is fate I tell you. Hee. After that went on to collect the medal and bag. Had brunch with brend before heading home. Slept for a couple of hours. Haha. Tired.

Okay, it is confirmed. I will take part in the full marathon next year. Partly because I want the finisher tee, and also I want to prove that I can do it. So I'm looking for run buddies starting from now!

And now, back to studying for Genes and Society. =/